Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thankful

Given that layoffs in the district in which I teach take effect in June, my last day at my current job will most likely be either this coming Thursday or this coming Friday, though it is not out of the realm of possibilities that I might have to stop in to my classroom in order to pick up a few of my materials sometime the following week. We'll see.

Once it's all said and done, I will have some time on my hands, some of which I will obviously use in the search for another job. That being said, I also intend to work on my blog-site a bit more often than I have of late. This most likely means, among other things, that a slight shift in paradigm is in the works. This is to suggest that I am considering writing about a wider variety of topics than I have in the past.

Again, we'll see. That's how things are for me these days--work and hope, wait and see. It's true that in a more ideal world things could be better than that, but it's also true that they could be far worse than that. So things aren't really so bad, after all.

For that--and, as always, for the fact that Mrs. Hasslington is in my life--I am truly thankful.

No comments: