Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hasslington's Second Presidential Debate Poll

I was going to write a rather substantive post regarding last night's (second) presidential debate, but I have decided to refrain from doing that in order to allow my readership to decide who won. Hence, I invite anyone who is interested to vote in the new Hasslington poll, which is located above this post.

That being said, I can't help but say a few words about the debate. So, here goes....

As far as my personal take on the debate is concerned, I thought that Senator Obama won the first half (which centered on domestic policy, for the most part), and I thought that the second half (which centered on foreign policy) was a tie...or a draw, or however you wish to phrase it. So, on balance, I felt that it was a "win" for Senator Obama, but not a resounding win. Put another way, using my already well-worn baseball metaphor, we're now through six innings, and Senator Obama is winning 2-0. But as all baseball fans know, though you'd rather be leading 2-0 after six innings than trailing 2-0, it's what you do with the final three innings that matters most.

No comments: