Sunday, January 4, 2009

Are You Ready For Some (Really Good) Football?... Here's My Minnesota Vikings vs. Philadelphia Eagles Playoff Score Prediction

Conventional wisdom suggests that Philly, who are on one heck of a roll (as they say), will win today's NFC playoff game, despite the fact that it's being played in Minneapolis. In fact, the latest betting odds suggest that Philly will win by about three points.

Yet, for some reason, I wish to suggest otherwise. So, though I'm better at predicting political winners-and-losers than I am at predicting sports winners-and-losers, I predict that this will be a very closely-fought game, with Minnesota's running game and rushing defense combining to pull-off a victory. As far as the score is concerned, I'll go with...

Minnesota 20, Philadelphia 17.

This could (and probably should) be the most evenly-matched playoff game this weekend. Hold tight, sports fans.

Oh, and let's go, Vikes!

No comments: