Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hasslington's Soon-To-Be-Mocked NFL Playoff Predictions

If you're looking for hard-hitting political analysis (or what passes for it, at least), read my post from this past Thursday, January 8. If you're looking for something in the "a little different but somewhat thought-provoking" category, read either my post from this past Wednesday or my post from this past Friday (January 7 and January 9).

If, on the other hand, you're looking for slightly silly NFL playoff predictions, look no further.... I failed with my Vikings/Eagles pick last weekend, so I figured why not fail with four separate picks this weekend?

In all seriousness, I don't think I've picked horribly this time around, though, looking at my selections, I don't think I've got much of a chance to get every game correct, either. You see, I find that I've picked the home team to win in every instance, which is not a good sign, given how one visiting team or two is almost sure to win. (The Baltimore/Tennessee game was the toughest pick for me this time around, followed by the Philadelphia/New York game....)

At any rate, here they are...so get ready to to laugh in a mocking manner, sports fans:

HASSLINGTON'S PICKS FOR SATURDAY'S PLAYOFF GAMES

Baltimore Ravens (12-5) at Tennessee Titans (13-3) -- Tennessee 23, Baltimore 20.

Arizona Cardinals (10-7) at Carolina Panthers (12-4) -- Carolina 31, Arizona 17.

HASSLINGTON'S PICKS FOR SUNDAY'S PLAYOFF GAMES

Philadelphia Eagles (10-6-1) at New York Giants (12-4) -- New York 24, Philadelphia 20.

San Diego Chargers (9-8) at Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) -- Pittsburgh 20, San Diego 17.

No comments: