Monday, January 12, 2009

A Hasslington Rule Of Thumb

RULE OF THUMB #1

It's generally a good idea not to drink rum-and-cokes as though they were pints of beer.

...BRIEFLY...

...I may be an above-average prognosticator of American vice presidential running mates, but I continue to be a below-average prognosticator of American sports results. (We all have strengths and weaknesses, I guess.) Witness my NFL playoff picks from this past Saturday, most of which I managed to get completely wrong (the only exception being the Pittsburgh/San Diego game). This means that, when the January 4 Minnesota/Philadelphia game is factored into the equation, I have been right about one playoff game and wrong about four....

...Feel free to check-in with this blog-site sometime soon in order to see my selections for "Democrat to Watch" and "Republican to Watch," which will be about two American politicians who I believe might be positioning themselves to play big roles on the national and international stage over the next decade or so....

No comments: