Tuesday, November 4, 2008

America Rising

Dear President-Elect Obama,

I want to send my most heartfelt congratulations to you, sir, for your historic victory this evening. I was honored to cast my presidential vote for you and your running mate, Senator Biden. We have enormous challenges in front of us, and I know that there are bound to be many disappointments in the coming years. But I also know that, given the evidence before us, we ought never underestimate your ability to overcome the odds.

Sincerely,

Hasslington

*************************************************************

Dear Senator McCain,

I want to send my most heartfelt thanks to you, sir, for the extraordinary amount of service you have rendered to our country for decades, as well as for the healing and unifying nature of your concession speech this evening. You lost an election, but you have not lost the admiration of millions upon millions of people, including many of those who, like me, chose not to vote for you for president.

Sincerely,

Hasslington

*************************************************************

(Note: As of this moment, my electoral map predictions are accurate. That being said, Indiana, Missouri, Montana, the Omaha district of Nebraska, and North Carolina are still too close to call. If Senator Obama wins Missouri and loses the other aforementioned outstanding races, my prediction of a 349 to 189 final electoral tally will be correct. That being said, I may be proven at least somewhat wrong, which wouldn't bother me at all. Somehow, at this point, it doesn't seem to matter.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant news.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the amazing coverage and uncannily accurate predictions. It's been a gripping year and an almost incredible result. The UK is almost buzzing...
Now, what's the line-up for the administration?